7. Make Believe - 36:25
8. Z.I.T.O. - 42:19
9. Deep Blue - 48:25
10. Lullaby For Lucifer - 54:13
11. Queen Of The Night (Japanese Edition Bonus Track) - 57:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvfBXqUjmcU

Coelho Rabaiolli
Publicado em 17 de abr de 2017

Holy Land is a 1996 concept album by Brazilian Power/Progressive Metal band Angra. Its theme is centered on the Brazilian land by the time it was discovered in the 16th century, as depicted in the art surrounding the album release.
"Two bands converted me to Prog rock: Dream Theater and Angra. This particular album was an important step into symphonic power metal, as I called them during those days. Now I know Prog Metal was all about. And in the highest level.
Be warned, this is NOT prog metal "ala" Dream Theater. This is ethnic folk Brazilian rhythms and thematic with orchestral ensemble, classical piano and power metal tendencies. If you can imagine what is the result of all that fusion, and in the right amount of each, the mix is perfect and this is without a doubt a Masterpiece.

Half of the material is oriented into Heavy Metal routes. Songs like Nothing to Say, Shaman, Z.I.T.O. and The Queen of the Night (a bonus track in some editions) have double drum driven, sharing in between orchestra sections and twin guitars unisons and soloing with high pitching vocals, not too polished as in later works but great for the fresh vibe of the album.

The other half o the material is quite melodic and mellow at best. Silence and Distance is a piano ballad song with a heavy driven orchestral ensemble break in the middle. Holy Land is one of those perfect songs that have the best of all worlds. Moody Brazilian rhythms, wonderful piano based and melodic vocals that leads to a rock ballad ending worth the listen of every single person. Don't see how anyone would overlook so great song. In the other hand, Lullaby to Lucifer (what a silly name really) is an acoustic guitar ballad with noises of the shoreline. Very mellow song.

But, the real masterpiece in this great album is the epic Carolina IV. It has the best balance between the ethnic rhythms, heavy power metal riffs and symphonic phrases. The song has a great interlude with a lot of changes going on, and all flows nice and easy and you will feel lifted by the wonderful songwriting skills of this brazilian boys. The song worth the listen for you.

Let's not pass the chance to experience the great music this band has to offer. If you have overlooked this band before just because is Prog Metal, go back a little and give them a listen. This is really what music is all about: sense and soul. 5 stars. This is how I feel this album after all this years. With all the discovering of new bands and sub-genres, it remains as one of my favorites albums of all time."
- Review by jampa17
PROGARCHIVES.COM

Rating:
4/5 - progarchives
4/5 - allmusic
4.63/5 - discogs
8.57/10 - metalstorm
Responder